The Cincinnati Business Courier announced today that two of Health Carousel’s leaders have been chosen as finalists in the C-Suite Awards.
Erik Schumann, President of International & Chief Sales Officer is a finalist in the Chief Sales Officer category.
Earl Dalton, Chief Nursing Officer, is a finalist in the Miscellaneous category
This annual program honors top-level executives who have shown outstanding leadership and driven stellar performance.
Highlights from Erik’s nomination
- “Erik's number #1 priority is people. That line is thrown around a lot. But in Erik’s case it is well-deserved. Our company’s higher purpose is to improve lives and make healthcare work better. And Erik lives that social mission every day. He cares about patients and families and the healthcare providers we supply hospitals. AND he cares about our employees. In my 25 year+ career, I've had many leaders. He is by far the most impactful leader I've ever worked for. He sees the abilities in others that they don't see in themselves. He encourages us to celebrate successes and learn from the failures/set back. And he never asks others to do something he wouldn't happily do himself.”
- “Erik is a force of nature with boundless energy and optimism. He is also a tremendous organizational leader and is well regarded for being a good partner for operational departments.”
- “Erik’s most significant impact may have been his leadership during the COVID crisis in America. Erik led the mobilization of hundreds of clinicians to meet the needs of clients and their patients in COVID hotspots. When the COVID pandemic began in 2020, and hot spots emerged around the country, our hospital clients were over-run with patients. Demand for our staffing services surged to record levels, but hospitals needed qualified healthcare professionals STAT! Erik recognized the urgency of the situation and created a Rapid Response Staffing program to meet their needs. He quickly partnered with client representatives, our company’s recruiting and account management teams, our nurse management team, our credentialing team, and the travel & housing team to streamline the processes for nationwide recruitment, credentialing, interviewing and selection, relocation to and lodging at assignment locations. He redesigned the compensation packages for the nurses and allied healthcare professionals on Rapid Response assignments to include hazard pay since they would be working at the front lines of the crisis. He also worked with our compensation and benefit department to implement COVID pay for clinicians that contracted the disease or were required to quarantine during a contracted assignment period.”
Highlights from Earl’s nomination
- “Earl Dalton is a leader that is not only invested the business of the company, but the people that work there as well. His knowledge of Nursing and the Travel Nurse industry has created an environment that is encouraging and driven for success. He is always willing to educate and coach employees while providing career challenges that promote professional growth. Finally, he is equally supportive of his employees outside of work, always reminding us the importance of family and a healthy life.”
- “Earl is a thought leader that has the capacity to share ideas and concepts that make you think outside the box when finding ways to make healthcare work better within a hospital system and contingency staffing. He is passionate about all nurses he works with inside the company and out. Their health, wellbeing, and safety are top priority.”
- “As a highly accomplished and well-respected nursing leader, Earl has a deep understanding of what it takes to achieve excellence in patient care, and what is required to build a world class nursing organization. He knows how important it is to have the correct nurse in the correct position at the correct time to serve the patients of a community. He understands the challenges of managing a large, diverse, clinical staff, especially during protracted clinical labor shortages and a global pandemic. Earl leads a team of seasoned nurse managers that help us achieve our vision and higher purpose by ensuring high standards of Clinical Quality, helping to drive our Growth, and achieving industry-leading Client and Nurse Satisfaction. Earl has helped our company see the nurse staffing industry through the eyes of a nurse and he led several tangible changes to the nurses and hospitals we serve. He built a team of seasoned nurse managers that provide clinical guidance and mentorship to staff members on assignment at client locations. He provides guidance and support to client organizations to help them manage their greatest workforce management challenges. He has improved the clinical expertise of our staff members. He has become a respected thought leader for our industry. In short, Earl has raised our game. We are a better company because of his good work.”
The Courier will announce the winners of the program during a virtual awards ceremony Sept. 2. A special section in the Sept. 3 print edition of the Courier will feature information about the finalists and profiles of the winners.
Learn more and view the full list of finalists here.