We are proud to announce that Health Carousel has won the 2021 Medical Mutual Pillar Award in the category of Medical Mutual SHARE award.
The Medical Mutual SHARE Award is presented to one company annually that best exemplifies employee-driven community service, philanthropy, and volunteerism. Since 1998, The Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service honors businesses of all types and sizes that make outstanding contributions to their communities. Its purpose is to encourage a charitable environment, recognize creative efforts that make a difference, and demonstrate the ties between the for-profit and nonprofit worlds.
Last year, Health Carousel was named on the list of Pillar Award honorees. This year the efforts of our leaders and employees earned us the top spot with this special recognition of the SHARE Award.
"You know you're part of something special when you are inspired by the team and the work around you. This year brought so many challenges for companies and non-profits across the world and I am just so grateful be be part of a company where our employees and leaders stepped up in new and unique ways in 2020 to meet those growing needs." - Johanna Krogh, Senior Social Impact & Engagement Specialist, Health Carousel
Our approach to philanthropy and charitable giving is as unique as our employees, who are passionate about giving back in the communities in which we live, work, and play. Our leaders and employees infuse our values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and service into our support for our communities through: Charitable Giving, Corporate Sponsorships, In-kind Donations, Employee Volunteerism, Board Service, and Sustainability.
Health Carousel has signature initiatives each year that embody our higher purpose to improve lives and make healthcare work better, like the American Heart Association Heart Mini and the Light the Night Walk supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. But our employees also drive our impact and the causes they are passionate about reflect their diverse backgrounds and experiences. In2020, our employees and leaders *virtually* shared education, spread awareness, donated money and supplies, made masks, donated blood, read, painted, walked, and golfed for:
• Heart Health
• Cystic Fibrosis
• LGBTQ+ Pride
• Supporting our black communities through the NAACP Empowerment Programs, Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund, and Greater Cincinnati Foundation
• The American Red Cross blood donations + Covid-19 antibody testing
• Boys and Girls Club of Greater Cincinnati
• Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Kidney Foundation
• Breast Cancer Awareness
• The Walk to End Alzheimer’s
• American Cancer Society
• COVID-19 PPE supplies and meals for front line workers
• Special Olympics of Hamilton County
• Hoxworth Blood Centers
• AND MORE!
Health Carousel’s higher purpose to improve lives and make healthcare work better is seen and felt more than ever this year, both in the work our employees do staffing healthcare professionals when and where they are needed most, and in our philanthropic work to support our communities.
Did You Know in 2020 Health Carousel employees and leaders have:
- Participated in 28+ nonprofit events
- Worked with 32 nonprofit partners across the U.S. to support Heart Health, LGBTQ+ Pride, our black communities, blood donations, COVID-19 relief and testing, Boys & Girls Club, education, Cancer research and care, Special Olympics, and many more!
- Completed 650+ community service hours
We have also donated:
- More than $19,000 from employee-raised funds
- More than $43,000 from the Health Carousel
- More than 4,500 items to local nonprofits
To read more about our Community Involvement: