Health Carousel is humbled to announce that we have been honored with the Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service in Cincinnati for the fourth year in a row!
The Pillar Award embraces a broad definition of community service. It may consist of charitable giving, volunteerism, pro bono work or other forms of giving back. Service may be limited to a single organization or cause or spread across numerous organizations and causes. Each nominee is judged based on impact relative to its size rather than overall size of contribution or effort.
We know it is our responsibility as an organization to ensure our operating practices as well as our initiatives are ethical, legal, profitable, and make us a good corporate citizen through contributing resources to our local and global communities. We also advocate strongly for the global migration of talent and for ethical practices in international recruitment.
But beyond this, our social purpose to improve lives and make healthcare work better drives Health Carousel’s #HCGivesBack program that encompasses four main areas of giving back: Philanthropy, Diversity and Inclusion with an emphasis on Health Equity, Employee Well-being, and Recognition.
We also choose signature initiatives and opportunities each year that align with this higher purpose, infusing our values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and service into our support for our communities through: Charitable Giving, Corporate Sponsorships, In-kind Donations, Employee Volunteerism, and Board Service.
Some of our Signature Programs in 2022 were:
- 3rd Annual Virtual Raffle for a Cause - Health Carousel came together virtually in October for our 3rd annual Virtual Raffle for a Cause, benefitting 1N5, a local nonprofit whose mission is to prevent suicide by erasing the stigma of mental illness and promoting optimal mental wellness. We partnered with 1N5 during our Fall Mental Health series for their annual Warrior Run and 5K Fundraiser and connected our employees to 1N5’s webinars and mental health resources, tailored to corporate employees for workplace wellness and work/life/family stress balance.
- Blood Donations - Through our strategic partnerships with Hoxworth Blood Centers and the American Red Cross, Health Carousel employees donated blood, platelets, and money to save lives across our community.
- DePaul Cristo Rey Work Study Program - We welcomed four DePaul Cristo Rey High School students as part of their 2022-2023 school year work study program to introduce them to several aspects of our high growth, high achievement culture and enhance their business skills through experience in a specific department.
- PassportUSA Conversation Partners Program - Through our PassportUSA line of business, Conversation Partners is a volunteer program that pairs international healthcare candidates with employees from Health Carousel as candidates work to enhance their English skills before taking the IELTS English proficiency exam.
- And these just scratch the surface of what our employees were able to do!
In 2022, Health Carousel employees:
- Volunteered over 500 hours
- Served over 50 local organizations and non-profits
- Donated blood 102 times to save up to 300 lives
- Gave over $20,000 in charity to various causes.
Stay tuned for our 3rd Annual Social Impact Report and the full details of all the amazing impact Health Carousel, our leaders, and our employees had in 2022!